July 11, 2010

This made me laugh.

I'm not sure I agree with Mr. Bourdain on this statement, but it sure is funny. I personally think beer and sophisicated food under the same roof sounds appealing.
"Gastro pub? What the fuck is that? For me, fancy food in a traditional old pub is about as inviting as the phrase 'Hot male-on-male action' or 'Tonight! Billy Joel live!' or 'Free prostate exam with every drink." A good pub should never have fine food. What's wrong with a good meat pie? Black pudding? Sausages? Shephards pie is a beautiful thing. I don't want truffles in it! And a vegetarian menu? In a pub? Vegetarians in a pub? For their own good, vegetarians should never be allowed near fine beers and ales. It will only make them loud and belligerent, and they lack the physical strength and aggressive nature to back up any drunken assertions."
-Anthony Bourdain in "A Drinking Problem" from Nasty Bits